Pupil Premium is additional school funding for disadvantaged children. It is paid directly to our school to improve the quality of their education.
The Government believes that the Pupil Premium Funding is the best way to address underlying inequalities in educational achievement of disadvantaged pupils, by ensuring that it is used to support the pupils who need it the most.
The Pupil Premium allocation is based upon the number of children who are known to be eligible for Ever 6 Free School Meals (FSM), children adopted from care or who have left care and children whose parents are currently serving in the Armed Forces.
Free School Meals Eligibility
To be entitled to free school meals, parents must be receiving one of the following support payments:
- Income Support
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax credit and the assessed family income does not exceed £16,190. Parents receiving Working Tax Credit are not entitled regardless of the level of assessed income.
- Children of Asylum Seekers who receive support from Social Services are entitled as are those children who receive Income Support in their own right.